Semco Teak Cleaner is a simple and thorough way to clean teak.
Powerful two-part cleaner removes all dirt and previous finishes prior to the application of Teak Sealer. Also used to remove Teak Sealer itself. Two quarts.
- Part One: Dissolves dirt and old sealers
- Part Two: Brightens teak and neutralizes Part One
SEMCO TEAK CLEANER INSTRUCTIONS
SEMCO TWO-PART TEAK CLEANER – for Teak Furniture Restoring
If your furniture has been allowed to weather, contains mold, stained by food or other marks or if you wish
to remove the teak sealer and start again, Semco Two-Part Teak Cleaner will restore the wood to like new
When teak is exposed to the elements without finish, or has been oiled, stained with food or other stains,
the surface becomes dirty gray and mildew often develops. Semco Two-Part Teak Cleaner removes the
effects of mildew, weathering and food and water stains. Clean at any time during the life of the furniture
when restoring back to the original unfinished wood is desired. This product is easy to use and will produce
Detailed Cleaning Instructions:
1. Wet the wood with a hose and keep the wood wet during the entire process.
2. Apply Part 1 Cleaner to a small area at a time, and work from top to bottom.
3. Use a Scotch Brite pad or soft bristle brush to scrub the area.
4. Rinse to remove slick, dark drown debris and keep wet.
5. Apply the Part 2 Cleaner to the same area and scrub lightly with a soft brush or clean Scotch Brite
pad, immediately a brighter color will immerge.
6. Repeat steps 2 through 5 on the next small area. Work on a small area at a time working from top
to bottom, overlapping each area. Larger areas can be worked by using a garden type sprayer to
apply the cleaners.
7. Finally rinse the area thoroughly with water, the teak should appear obviously lighter and cleaner,
if any stains remain repeat the process
8. The wood will lighten further as it dries.
To clean the teak with Semco Two-Part Teak Cleaner simply remove the piece from any finished surface or
remove any items that might be affected by the cleaning process. Semco teak cleaner will not hurt the lawn
or fiberglass but it may damage painted surfaces or stain a patio, always wear rubber gloves and goggles
when using this cleaner. Semco Two-Part Teak Cleaner will remove teak oils, food stains, the residue of
varnish, and Semco Teak Sealer.
If the teak is already finished with Semco Teak Sealer this type of cleaning is not necessary unless you
want to remove the Semco and start again.
While the Semco Teak Sealer is resistant to the weather and most stains, some oily or greasy food may
stain the surface of the wood. The best method to clean these stains is dish soap or a spot clean with Semco
Two-Part Teak Cleaner for any stubborn spots. Always clean up spills immediately to reduce staining.